Between the Dallas shootings, the political conventions, the Olympics and the EpiPen scandal, it’s been a lively summer on the news front.
Part of Mashable’s Real Time News team’s mission is to find compelling ways to look at the big stories of the moment, which has seen me diving into some pretty interesting areas since starting in June.
In the last two months I’ve spoken to 3D fingerprint experts, speechwriters, sports psychologists, parent activists and the photographer that took that famous Usain Bolt photo.
A few highlights:
- Dallas PD’s refusal to take down an innocent man’s photo from Twitter after the deadly shooting
- All the musicians refusing to let Donald Trump use their music
- Former nuclear weapons operator goes ballistic about Trump in 20 tweets
- Speechwriters rate the convention speeches
- This is why the water’s green in Rio
- How a photographer snapped that brilliant photo of Usain Bolt
- Why Feyisa Lilesa’s gesture was such a brave and important moment
- How Gene Wilder became an internet meme
- How social media amplified anger over EpiPen’s price gouge