I left Mashable UK in June after an amazing 18 months helping build the site from scratch with the estimable Blathnaid Healy.
I’m now working for Mashable in LA as Assistant Editor on the Real Time News team, overseeing the site’s response to breaking events across content verticals and social channels from the west coast.
My first year and a half at the company was a fascinating and rewarding time that started out as a two-person operation in a small Mayfair office and grew to an editorial and social media team of eight in new Soho digs.
In that time we covered Brits, Baftas and Brexit, terror attacks, a general election and all manner of quirky viral stories. We Periscoped, Meerkatted and Facebook Lived. We Vined and we Vibered. We reported on the ground and remotely. We grew unique users in the UK significantly.
A few highlights from that period:
- Covering the afthermath of the Charlie Hebdo attacks on the ground
- A Vine tour of Banksy’s Dismaland
- Meeting the anti-Trump brigade in Aberdeen
- Hearing the stories of the refugees in Calais
- An afternoon with the man giving haircuts to the homeless
- Going behind the scenes on the set of the David Brent film